Blue Screen after sleep & ext harddrive questions?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aoaaron, May 4, 2011.

1. aoaaron, May 4, 2011
    Last edited: May 4, 2011

aoaaron macrumors 6502

1) When my laptop comes back from a long sleep, it shows a blue screen first from opening the lid then the desktop? Is this normal? :/

2) Apple have said they will send me a Lacie 500GB Rugged harddrive due to the late delivery on my laptop. I'm really happy with this but I'm not sure what to use the drive for. Shall I use it for a time machine or storing files? Also, do you think apple would agree to me paying the money ontop of the 500GB for a 1TB? :/

3) when i switch on my MBP, the CD drive or harddrive make a really wierd noise. is this normal? as if somethingds being clicked into place?

2. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

1) Perfectly normal. I actually like that shade of blue. I'm guessing the display just draws the color while it re-gathers everything it's supposed to display, like your Desktop.

2) Ask them about the 1 TB, worst that will happen is they say no. Then use the external for either Time Machine or Carbon Copy Cloner to keep a backup of everything on your computer.

3) If you have a CD/DVD in the drive, then it's probably normal. If you're sure you do not have a disc in it, then you should be talking to Apple about it. The normal sound is like a kind of mechanical buzzing sound, followed by click. You can reproduce it by putting a disc into the drive and hearing it load the disc into place, which is what it does when turning on.