Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aoaaron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
1) When my laptop comes back from a long sleep, it shows a blue screen first from opening the lid then the desktop? Is this normal? :/

2) Apple have said they will send me a Lacie 500GB Rugged harddrive due to the late delivery on my laptop. I'm really happy with this but I'm not sure what to use the drive for. Shall I use it for a time machine or storing files? Also, do you think apple would agree to me paying the money ontop of the 500GB for a 1TB? :/

3) when i switch on my MBP, the CD drive or harddrive make a really wierd noise. is this normal? as if somethingds being clicked into place?

Last edited:

deadwulfe

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2010
1) Perfectly normal. I actually like that shade of blue. I'm guessing the display just draws the color while it re-gathers everything it's supposed to display, like your Desktop.

2) Ask them about the 1 TB, worst that will happen is they say no. Then use the external for either Time Machine or Carbon Copy Cloner to keep a backup of everything on your computer.

3) If you have a CD/DVD in the drive, then it's probably normal. If you're sure you do not have a disc in it, then you should be talking to Apple about it. The normal sound is like a kind of mechanical buzzing sound, followed by click. You can reproduce it by putting a disc into the drive and hearing it load the disc into place, which is what it does when turning on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.