blue screen at bootup?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by geordiejohn, Jul 22, 2008.

1. geordiejohn macrumors member

hello when i bootup i see the apple logo then i get a blue screen which sits there for about 5 mins and then it is ok,any ideas how to cure this please?
    i did reinstall the os and it seemed to cure the problem,but it has started doing it again.
    thank you.

2. bigrell486 macrumors 6502

bigrell486

You haven't installed any apps that need to load on Subsystem startup have you.

If you haven't and you say you've reinstalled the OS already, you hard drive may be on its last legs.

Out of curiosity when you reinstalled the OS did you format the drive?
    If not, I would back up my data then format and reinstall the Operating System if I was you.

3. tsvb macrumors 6502

4. geordiejohn thread starter macrumors member

i spoke to the people i bought the m/c from and he said it could be a hd problem,but when i explained i had my ipod connected he suggested i unconnected it and see how it goes then,i did this and it sems ok now,but i will have to keep an eye on it over the next few days.
    thank you.

5. A Pittarelli macrumors 6502

you need to turn bootcamp off apparently, the blue screen has seeped its way over :p

6. shaunymac macrumors 6502

just a little fyi, if you are running 10.5.4 and are connected to an external monitor, not sure if you are or not, people are having similar issues. I had the problem myself. Like someone mentioned previously, I repaired my permissions and viola!, I was good as gold.