blue screen at startup (even in safe boot)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by svensch, Apr 10, 2013.

1. svensch macrumors newbie

Hello,

So I have a 2011 MBP with 10.6.8, and did a three day backup session via Time Machine. The backup disc closed down at 290GB from 390GB, but my Mac was running fine... I decided to restart the computer and then keep working.

From there it didn't start up anymore. It goes idle in the blue screen, and doesn't go past.

Tried safe boot: blue screen, spinning wheel, dark blue screen, light blue screen, spinning wheel..... doesn't go past

Verified/Repaired disc via install dvd disc utility, repair permissions - no problems
    did a hardware test via network boot - no problem

cleared PRAM
    performed check disc via single user mode
    reset power manager

Persistent problem. Can anyone help? I have a bunch of assignments due next week for my studies, and if I cannot get to my data I am really *********

p.s. writing this from the second partition win7 on the same disc that starts and works without issues...

HELP!!!

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Install 10.6 (and update to 10.6.8) or better, if you can get hold of it, 10.6.8 and install it over the existing OS, should work and none of the Data outside of the System Folders should get affected.

3. svensch thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the original 10.6.8. install dvd.

will this affect the bootcamp installation and second partition?
    will this affect the installed sw on the mac partition?

4. svensch thread starter macrumors newbie