Blue Screen Crash Only When Other Internal Drives Connected (Mac Pro)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by m3rob, Dec 28, 2010.

1. m3rob macrumors newbie

I have a Mac Pro (Nehalem) with 5 internal hard drives:

Drive Bay 1 (Boot volume)=
    1TB Drive with Snow Leopard and Windows 7 Installed on boot camp Partition.

When I have no other internal drives connected I have no problems with Windows 7 loaded in boot camp.

But when I connect my other 4 internal drives (in bay 2, 3, 4 and optical bay 6) which are set up as a Raid 0 configuration for Snow leopard I run into problems- I get a blue screen of death almost instantly when I start to move the cursor in windows 7.

Seems like if there was a way to tell Windows 7 to ignore the 4 other drives then it would work fine? I don't want to have to pull them from the machine each time I start in windows 7.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get around this problem? Can I ignore the drives somehow without pulling them from the machine? I have no need to use the raid in Windows 7.

Thanks.

PS I have boot camp 3.2 installed.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

3. m3rob thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes! That solves it. Too bad I can no longer access the files on my boot hard drive snow leopard partition. Small price to pay for not having to physically pull the raid hard drive from the Mac Pro.

Thanks so much for your help!
    ---------
    And here is a thread that illustrated exactly what I changed from the link you gave:

Navigate to c:/windows/systems32/drivers/AppleMNT.sys, rename the AppleMNT.sys file to something like AppleMNT_keep.sys or something of your likings.

Reboot your machine and notice that your Mac volume is no longer mounted.

---------------