Blue Screen HELP!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by secksthoi, Mar 28, 2011.

1. secksthoi macrumors member

I have searched through this entire forum and prople have come up with similar problems but mine seems to be slightly unique.... It's constantly stuck on the blue screen with circles and blue screen with cicles.. on and on...

Before this happened, I had just installed Prey Project with advice to create a 'dummy' Guest account to lure the thief into my computer without accessing any sensitive data or admin access. While I was in the Guest account I was creating new settings, moving photo files, and lastly I saw the 'Mac HD' icon on the desktop. Remembering that my admin profile I removed it from desktop to give it a cleaner look but forgot years ago, I could not figure out how I did it. Without thinking, I dragged it to the trash icon and the trash icon turned into an eject icon. After, the eject icon stayed frozen without much I could access. I then decided to hard reset by holding the power button. Upon reset, it goes past the grey apple logo wheel and onto the blue screen with wheel. It spins and spins, changes to a lighter shade of blue (without wheel) and flicks back to the dark blue screen with wheel, repeatedly, over and over!

I've done every troubleshoot the Apple site and the forum has recommended. Even booting under 'single user (COMMAND + S)' says it checks OK. But as I try to boot from disk (holding C on start up) it doesn't work. The fan just kicks in real loud for a few minutes and cd spins for a few tries but soon spits it out.

I actually ordered a Macbook Air a few days ago and heard about how an individual can boot from firewire, but the MBA doesn't include a firewire port...

I am not under warrenty and run out of options... Plus to add to the problems.. I've only ever backed up my RAW files to save space on my hard drive, but actual family/friend and travel photos on iphoto have never been backed up :X

What do I do?! PLEASE HELP!! :confused: :eek:

2. Joshuarocks macrumors 6502

Joshuarocks

Hi,

Did you try to re-install snow leopard or use your restore discs to restore your system? Thats the best remedy to cure the blue screen problem.

3. secksthoi thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the suggestion, but as I mentioned. I've tried this and yet it just spits out the CD after a few tries... :(

Please help.....

4. secksthoi thread starter macrumors member

I was thinking.. Is it possible to pull out my harddrive and place it in a USB casing and extract the files from there?

I would make an appointment for a Genius but I am afraid he might just tell me my data is not savable and wipe everything.. plus I am out of warranty.