blue screen just before login

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ptc6, Dec 23, 2011.

1. ptc6, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011

ptc6 macrumors newbie

i get a blue screen just before login screen, it lasts about 2 seconds now, it was only half a second long last week.

i have the macbook about 6months.
    MACBOOK PRO : Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C74)

I done a 'verify disk' and got this
    http://oi40.tinypic.com/2vbsyzs.jpg

could this be the problem, why are they now wrong and will i be able to fix them?

and why is their a warning saying one cannot be fixed?
    is this serious?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. eowl macrumors member

eowl

I always get a blue screen before the log in and haven't had any problems!

4. Jollocks macrumors newbie

As the 2 users above have said, It's normal to get a blue-screen before login. I have had this since the first day I bought my mac. As for the boot-speed, I don't really see a problem, 2 seconds? I'm sorry, but If you can't wait 2 seconds, then I don't know what to do. As far as the time exceeding in the previous weeks, Maybe a defrag would help, basically all defragging does is places and organise critical files on your system to make the drive quicker & more efficient. A Couple of programs can accomplish this;

http://www.coriolis-systems.com/iDefrag.php - This program works great, however, is going to cost you £30 - $46. However, a trial version can be installed, which only, scans your system, not defrag it. If you do go ahead and purchase this application, you should do it overnight, if this is your first time, this process can be time consuming.

Hope this helped, Merry Christmas & a Happy new-year. :)

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You don't need to defrag on Mac OS X, except possibly when partitioning a drive.

About disk optimization with Mac OS X