blue screen of death after force quiting time machine and force shut down

Discussion in 'macOS' started by -.-, Feb 8, 2011.

1. -.- macrumors newbie

Hey guys, today I had to stopped the time machine because finder was using 200% of the cpu, according to iStats. I force quit the time machine but finder froze after that. So I tried logging out and it didnt work. I had to do a force shut down (hold the power button til it shut down) and something bad happened after that....

My macbook always freezes at the blue screen after its restarted. I am able to boot into windows 7 from my bootcamp though. So I managed to find the crash report and please find the attached file.

I did some research and I know booting into the Snow Leopard Install DVD can fix the problem but right now I dont have the disk with me. :(

Is there any way I could fix (delete/edit files, etc) in windows 7 on my macbook so that it doesnt stop at the blue screen?

Also, is it normal that finder uses 100 - 200% of the cpu? even when time machine is backing up the os?

Thank guys.

Attached Files:

2. mjsmke macrumors 6502a

You would need any install DVD. If finder freezes, right click on the finder icon in the dock and select relaunch. This often preventas the need to force shut down.

A simple permissions repair will most lickely solve your issue.