Blue Screen of Death - Windows 7 - Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by troguy, Jun 27, 2012.

1. troguy macrumors newbie

Hi

Just used bootcamp to install windows 7 64 bit to my mac (Home Premium if it helps), and I've been having massive issues with blue screens of death.

At first I thought it was pretty funny (That's it for the fanboy stuff ;) ), but it's very annoying. Happens when the computer is under load - Minecraft and skype simultaneously over long periods of time seem to be enough to kill it. It's happened 3 times in the first day.

I've googled it, and there seem to be issues about drivers, however all say to update bootcamp, which I did as I used the most up to date version yesterday.

So could this be an overheating issue as I suspect, or do I need to update windows? Or maybe some deeper issue? Want to find out before buying a cooling stand!

Thanks in advance!
    Alex :)

2. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

Which mbp do you have? What year?

I did the same thing on a 2012 13" base model and haven't experienced as much as a hiccup while running Win 7 under a heavy load.

3. troguy thread starter macrumors newbie

15 inch MBP Mid 2010 - 2.5 i5, 4gb, 230Gt. Hope that helps.

4. Tombs macrumors regular

Tombs

Could be anything! Take a note of the details that come up on the blue screen, then Google it. If you can’t do that I'd wipe the bootcamp partition and re-install Win 7 again. One question are you using a legit version of Win 7?? (No key gen hacks etc.)

5. troguy thread starter macrumors newbie