Blue Screen of Death

Discussion in 'iMac' started by lucyeleanor, Dec 9, 2010.

1. lucyeleanor macrumors newbie

I have a problem with my imac (I have had it for over 3 years with no problems) about a month ago I installed OSX snow leopard and a new 1TB hard drive, no problems at all for the last month. Then on Sunday I switch it on and get the blue screen on death, I can see the mouse but that’s as far as it will go, I left it for a it to see if it would sort itself out, it didn’t, I tried re starting a couple times, nothing. I tried safe mode but it goes to the blue screen in that too.

I then tried ctrl –s followed by this (http://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/osx/how-to-resolve-the-leopard-blue-screen-of-death/) but haven’t had any success with that either.

From what I have found online people are saying it’s a problem with something I could have installed but I haven’t installed anything the day before, the computer hadn’t installed anything automatically either as I barely used it on the Saturday.

Reformatting is not an option for me as I had a lot of important files which I hadn’t had a chance to back up before it happened.

Any help would be really appreciated as I am not sure where to go from here and I need to get at my work. :(

2. MacHamster68, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010

MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

unplug all cables that is in some way are attached to the iMac , all including powercable , hold down the powerbutton for about 10 seconds , then plug only keyboard mouse an powercable back and press the start button

what happens now?

if that does not help to get it to boot again put in your snow leo disc and repair permissions