Blue Screen of Death!

ashton18

macrumors regular
Original poster
I keep getting the blue screen of death every 20-30 minutes.. and the phone reboots itself :/

It happens after I try to open certain apps like SpeedTest by Ookla, Evernote, Spotify, Uber and it happened over 4 times while in the stock Camera app.

I've tried the hard reset, turning it on and off, clean restore and even setting it up as a 'new iPhone', still, no luck.

Anyone else with these problems? And what's going on with the non-updated apps? I know it's only been like 5 days since the phone came out, but almost every app I open is un-optimized for the 1080p display.

Thanks!

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
I keep getting the blue screen of death every 20-30 minutes.. and the phone reboots itself :/

It happens after I try to open certain apps like SpeedTest by Ookla, Evernote, Spotify, Uber and it happened over 4 times while in the stock Camera app.

I've tried the hard reset, turning it on and off, clean restore and even setting it up as a 'new iPhone', still, no luck.

Anyone else with these problems? And what's going on with the non-updated apps? I know it's only been like 5 days since the phone came out, but almost every app I open is un-optimized for the 1080p display.

Thanks!
Might want to return your phone.

and I am sure apples approval process is backed up pretty bad right now.

mikejg

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
Yes. Except it's not necessarily death. Just restarts your phone. I've experienced it but it hasn't happened to me in the last few days, nor was it as frequent as OP. It's definitely annoying, though

Maziar

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2010
It's been pretty frequent for me.
Since updating my iPad Air to iOS8(not 8.0.1)I've been experiencing numerous BSODs with Safari. The screen turns blue and the device immediately restarts.
Never experienced such an issue with an Apple device,hope they fix it fast

Woochifer

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
This sounds more like a hardware issue. The random resets were a common and known issue with iOS 7 until around version 7.0.4. But, I haven't seen any widespread reports of this happening with iOS 8.0.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
apps are slowly being updated..4 of my apps are now updated for the resolution, about 12 or so updated to officially support ios 8

u didnt say what device..but regardless take it to an apple store, probably defective hw & should fail diags theyll run on it. my first laptop had that issue, gpu driver based bsod no matter whats done, asus replaced the entire motherboard & said it was faulty from day 1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.