Blue Screen on Startup- Not an APE Issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by G4R2, Oct 28, 2007.

1. G4R2 macrumors 6502a

I'm wondering if this is normal during the Leopard startup sequence. Instead of getting the Mac OS X screen with a blue meter I simply get a blank blue screen during startup now.

I know others have reported getting locked up on a blue screen during install. This is not the issue I am experiencing. I don't have any unusual hacks on my computer and have never modded the OS with anything unusual.

I'm just curious to know what other users startup screens look like in order to figure out if I should investigate this further and consider doing a reinstall of some kind.

Thanks!

2. redcheese macrumors newbie

Same problem here...

Installed on 15" MBP 2.16GHZ Core 2 Duo. Wiped hard drive before installing, so it was as fresh as could be.

Getting 11 seconds of blank blue screen when starting up. Took video which you can see here to compare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRUxLssii0g

What machine are you using and how long is the lag?

Can't find anything wrong with the install so far, but it's a bit troubling with all this BSD talk.

I'll keep you posted if I find a reason or fix.

3. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

This is what I am fearing. I even rang Apple support to ask what they would do when installing Leopard. I have a 24 inch white iMac and am wondering if I should do a complete reinstall (not just an upgrade or whatever).

I have got backups of everything on DVDs and my iPod has my iMovie projects on it.:apple:

4. Thrash911 macrumors 6502

Thrash911

I also have this machine. I recommend doing an "Archive and install". I had no problems whatsoever, and all my data was still where I left it. All is good. I wouldn't guarantee success though, because I guess it could depend on software installed.. I also didn't have any kind of OS modifiers installed.

5. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

Me neither :)

Thanks for the tip.;)

6. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

On 3 different Macs (MBP. MB and PB) I did an erase and install and that blue screen shows up instead of a progress bar on all of them. None of these Macs have any hacks or APE (in fact the MB only has iLife '08 and iWork '08 installed on it). Other than that there's no issues with them so I'm guessing an update from Apple will probably get rid of it eventually.