Blue Screen....Slow Startup!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nicolle19, Mar 11, 2008.

1. nicolle19 macrumors member

My iMac has been acting up. When I restart the mac it takes forever to start up. It goes to the blue and stays there for several minutes and then will finally boot up. I am running Leopard on an Intel 17 in imac. Any help would be great.
    Thanks

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

the culprit is most likely a peripheral device. to troubleshoot, try unplugging any 3rd party mice or external drives and see if the problem persists

3. filmflam macrumors newbie

Time Capsule the culprit???

Nicolle19, did you just install Time Capsule on your network. My mini has been doing this since I started using Time Capsule.

4. KennethJay macrumors newbie

mine does that too after time capsule install

I just got a macbook pro and installed time capsule. after this I am experiencing a blue screen at startup and it takes forever to start..Anybody knows what the problem might be? I am new to mac..

5. pixelweb macrumors newbie

AirDisk might also be the issue...

Hi All,
    I'm experiencing the same behavior on my brand new iMac 27 running OSX 10.6.2. I used to have a USB HDD connected directly to the iMac and used it for Time Machine Backups. I got an Airport Extreme Base Station and moved the disk and made it an AirDisk. Now my iMac seems to hang with a blue screen for minutes before displaying the Login Box. My MacBook is also using the AirDisk, but is not having problems.

6. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Have you let Time Machine finish its first backup? This takes a very long time especially over wireless.

Go to System Preferences > Startup Disk and make sure that your internal drive is selected and that your machine is not hunting around looking for a startup drive.

Did your machine have this problem out of the box or did it happen afterwards? What have you installed?

I hope one of these suggestions helps.