Blue Screen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DadoGaldieri, May 19, 2012.

1. DadoGaldieri macrumors newbie

Hello guys and gals

I really need your hep here. I know it is old but i have this machine down here

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro3,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Bus Speed: 800 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP31.0070.B07
    SMC Version (system): 1.16f11
    Serial Number (system): W88040H8X92
    Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-001B63A231FB
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled

It's running on a 10.6.8 v and its getting really hard to work now. Battery has been warning me about its own depletion for months, now it claims service. I've tried many strategies to clean the machine, getting rid of big software, a lot of email has been thrown away, I've verified and repaired permission twice and I don't want to turn it off again cause when I do, it takes ages for the screen to jump from the blue screen and many time it doesn't until I restart on safe mode and back again. Battery is off now. Looks his days are coming to an end. Besides 6 months ago it was recalled serviced because of a problem with the motherboard. Any idea? Your replies greatly appreciated. Many, many thanks. Ah I just installed Mackeeper too.:confused:

2. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

If is still under warrant or if you have Apple Care for 2 edition more yr.'s take it in for a repair if they can't do anything they might give you a New one, If you don't have Apple Care then pay for the Protection Plan like everyone else if is still available to get since Purchased.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

iStat Pro will show you details about your battery cycles and condition. If it truly needs service, it should be replaced. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
    Getting rid of software or email won't help performance, unless you're almost out of disk space.
    Repairing permissions isn't a "cure all" and only affects certain specific issues.
    Logic board issues can definitely affect battery and charging. It should probably be checked again.
    Do yourself a favor and uninstall it. You don't need "cleaner" or "maintenance" apps to keep your Mac running well, and some of these apps can do more harm than good. Some remove files/folders or unused languages or architectures, which does nothing more than free up some drive space, with the risk of deleting something important in the process.

These apps will not make your Mac run faster or more efficiently, since having stuff stored on a drive does not impact performance, unless you're running out of drive space. Some of these apps delete caches, which can hurt performance, rather than help it, since more system resources are used and performance suffers while each cache is being rebuilt.

Many of these tasks should only be done selectively to troubleshoot specific problems, not en masse as routine maintenance.

Mac OS X does a good job of taking care of itself, without the need for 3rd party software. Among other things, it has its own maintenance scripts that run silently in the background on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, without user intervention.