Blue screen!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wef, Dec 9, 2007.

1. wef macrumors newbie

So, I'm running 10.4 on my iBook G4 (power Pc) and just downloaded the new updates for quicktime, safari, itunes, the security, and the general update for the Power PC line of macs. After I restarted my computer, I opened up safari again, but then it crashed. After 3 restarts I keep getting brought to a blue screen, and nothing seems to be running. Once its gotten to the log in, but subsequently crashed.

I have a paper due tomorrow, is there any way to fix this by myself...fast?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks!!

2. SthrnCmfrtr macrumors 6502

As you boot the next time, hold Cmd + V, which will display boot messages and stuff. They might hold some clues.

It sounds like there's a bad problem, though. You might have to do an archive & install (don't worry, it won't delete all of your information and you'll be back up in no time).

3. eyemac74119 macrumors member

try firefox for a mac? getfirefox.com then browse for a mac .dmg version

4. Sawtooth811 macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

Oh God, I had the same problem with my Sawtooth G4 at the beginning of this year. What I did was re-install Tiger, or startup on a Tiger/Leopard disk and repair permissions, and repaired disk, but I require you to re-install, or if you have another login account such as guest that isn't managed, then login as guest. The administrator login has failed, and needs repair or re-installation.