blue sereen of windows7 on I mac 27

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sndeed, Oct 22, 2011.

1. sndeed macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I have an iMac 27 inch 2011 running Windows 7 home premium 32bit using bootcamp. My computer specs are

I Mac OSX 10.7

CPU - Intel i7 3.4 ghz quad core

RAM - (16 gb )

VIDEO - ATI Radeon HD 2 GB

I installed windows 7 on my imac using bootcamp today. It was working fine until i started installing things and i ran into the blue screen of death saying Memory dump. This message only shows for about 2 seconds and then restarts my computer. It randomly happens, such as internet explorer or just on my homescreen.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Thank you
    iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), problem with windows 7

2. BarkingGhost macrumors regular

Why on earth would you be trying to run a 32-bit version of W7? Strangling chickens is probably easier.

3. 88 King macrumors 6502

88 King

It is likely coursed by the most recent software you installed, just boot in to Windows safe mode (press F8 key before Windows loading screen) and either delete the last installed software or use System Restore to the last saved point.

This happens with Windows from time to time.

P.S. if your can't get into Safe Mode, you might need to use a USB keyboard.

4. sndeed thread starter macrumors newbie

you think so, :D I need w7 for some applications part of job depend on W7

----------

if i do this do you think I will not see this problem again, and how about if i install Vista do you think that will help.

5. 88 King macrumors 6502

88 King

Can't be sure, since we don't know what exactly coursed the blue screen, but it's unlikely OS related. Beside, you can't install Vista on the current version of Bootcamp anyway

I'd start to uninstall the most recently added software one by one to see if the blue screen comes back. Also make sure both your Windows and installed software are up to date.

You could reinstall Windows again if there aren’t to much stuff on it, and update it before install any software. Also if you have a 64 bits copy of Windows, it will be more future proof than a 32 bits version.

6. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

You can turn off the auto reboot in system properties, but the message you get on the blue screen isn't likely to be helpful.

Does Win7 even have a blue screen? I've never seen it and I've been running it since the betas. :) I've also never seen an app take the system down.

Anyway, take a look through the log viewer under administrative tools and you might see a critical log message explaining the cause or at least pointing out the app or service that failed.

I now run Win7 in a VM on my iMac for uses similar to what you describe. It's so much easier than frequently rebooting. Have not had an issue.

7. 88 King macrumors 6502

88 King

Happened to my machines couple of time, once was my fault, I was updating windows on my new laptop and installing bunch of software and drivers at the same time, something went wrong during that mayhem.

The other time was due to some faulty RAM sticks.

8. sndeed thread starter macrumors newbie

88 king thank you for advising me

yes, right now I work on win7 32 bit as trial version, I don't why i'm not lucky to avoid this problem, but I decided now to buy win7 64 bit and clean up 32 bit win7. I think that will help ,

----------

yes that what happened to me, also, the magic mouse and the keyboard they not work on out-leg or after wake up case , I have to leg in through my user name to get work in win7, sometime i have to wait 10 second until they start work, once I put win7 on sleep, they will not response until seconds not like loin.7, I did every thing like uncheck saving the power but i still face these problems.