blue skies now available!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Xgamer1224, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Xgamer1224 macrumors regular

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Are we to assume by your username that this is another game? You may wish to put what it is you are talking about so that those not interested won't bother checking it out.

3. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

It appears to be a photography app of some sort, and to the OP, in the future could you please give some insight to the app that you are boasting, as to why it is good, what it does, why it is good, and why a regular person like myself should care at all about it yet alone download it. Any of these would be more helpful than "[insert app name here] is here, go download it!."

4. Xgamer1224 thread starter macrumors regular

5. severe macrumors 6502a

6. chrisb3 macrumors regular

He's referring to this.

It's a helicopter shoot'em up in the vein of the old Desert Strike series.

7. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Although searching the App Store is a simple affair, I agree completely.

Link please!

8. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Thank you. ;)

I wish they'd have offered an introductory discount like so many other developers are doing - it's hard for me to justify spending $9.99 on this when so many other apps I've bought for $9.99 have since dropped in price, sometimes substantially.

I think I'll just sit this one out until the developer brings it down a bit.

9. chrisb3 macrumors regular

It looks like it might be fun to play (and I fondly remember the Desert Strike series), but $10 seems a bit steep to me too. I'll wait until I read some reviews before I decide on whether or not to buy it.

10. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Intellivision had better graphics.

11. njchris macrumors regular

njchris

Silly comments like this help no one.

12. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I disagree. His comment made me go look at the screen shots... And you know what? He's 100% correct. :eek:

13. jalpert macrumors 6502

This doesn't seem very impressive, seems expensive, what am I missing? It would be nice if the OP let us know why this release is such a big deal, the graphics are reminiscent of an NES game, and it doesn't look like it would be much fun.

14. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Why do I get the feeling that the OP is linked to the developer?

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

It looks nice to me, however, at $10 I'll wait.

16. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

I downloaded this on a whim last night, haven't had much of a chance to play it yet but from what I have played it seems pretty solid. The graphics aren't photo realistic but frankly who the heck cares? The graphics do the job and that is all that I care about in that department, the game has both music & sound along with a bit of a story that is told in a manner reminiscent to Star Fox on the N64 with characters making chirpy noises but these scenes can be skipped thankfully.

I am getting so tired of people whining that Title X isn't worth Y dollars though especially when they compare a game like Blue Skies to Chopper (in the review comments), they are completely different games and more work has seemingly gone in to Blue Skies so why shouldn't it cost more?