Blue Smudge under screen - iphone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nateofmelb, Dec 15, 2014.

1. nateofmelb macrumors regular

nateofmelb

Just got my iphone 6 plus, and ive been using it for a couple of hours and I have just noticed that in the bottom right of the screen there is a blue smudge that I can't remove. It is really noticable when there is a white background?

heres a pic, it hard to take a pic of.

[​IMG]

Has anyone seen this before? Will Apple allow me to exchange the phone for a new one. I avtually have the $129 Applecare.

Kind of a bummer :(

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I don't see it. But if it bothers you, exchange it. I have a 6+ which I bought yesterday. How were you able to get a completely white screen so I can check mine and compare it to yours? Is there a white wallpaper background?

3. nateofmelb thread starter macrumors regular

nateofmelb

Yeah its hard to pick up in the pic. but its there.

I just googled "white background" on google images and opened it up to full screen.

Maybe this will pin point it better.

[​IMG]

I'll try and get down to the Apple Store and exchange it. Damn, I was so patient waiting for this one :(

4. nateofmelb thread starter macrumors regular

nateofmelb

Just thought I'd update this issue, if anyone was interested.

I went to the Apple Store yesterday by appointment and a lovely girl helped me out with my issue. At first she could pick up the blemish, but she took it out back into a dark room and she said she could see it. She told me I had 3 options.

1/ Since I have purchased the phone from the Apple Online Store, if I wanted a brand new exchange, I'd have to sent the phone back to the Apple Store.

2/ She could offer me a service unit

3/ replace the screen

I have opted to replace the screen as I am happy with the phone overall and don't want the hassle of sending the phone back to the Apple Store and waiting ages to get a new one. I also don't want to run the risk of receiving another defective unit. This way, I can make sure the phone is right on the spot.

They didn't have any screen instock so she has ordered a screen and a service unit (incase the screen isn't up to standard). So hopefully before Christmas I'll have it fixed.

5. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

Why would you have to send it back if your purchased it online? The policy had been changed; phones purchased online can be returned in store. Are you located in the US?

6. samven582 macrumors 6502a

looks like he is located in Australia

7. ssl0408 macrumors 6502a

ssl0408

8. tbeaumont macrumors newbie

White screen background

there is an app called Spotter that will provide various colors to check anomalies on your screen.

9. nateofmelb thread starter macrumors regular

nateofmelb

Hey guys,

Yes. I'm located in Australia. Today I received a phone call from my local Apple Store to advise me that a screen and service unit had arrive. I promptly headed there to have the screen replaced. Took about an hour a 10 minutes.

Screen is now perfect! I am very pleased with the outcome and now I can enjoy my new phone to the fullest! I am stoked that everything has been resolved in under 2 days. Well done Apple!