Blue sport vs blue leather loop??

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Downs2011, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Downs2011 macrumors regular

I haven't seen any of the bands in person yet so I was wondering if someone could give me some feedback on these two bands. I'm really leaning toward the leather loop but if the rubber bands are as good as people are saying I wouldn't mind going with that.

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

I haven't touched the leather bands but I can tell you the sport bands are insanely comfortable.

3. Wildgift macrumors 6502

I'd love to see dark blue sport and leather classic

4. Glene, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

Glene macrumors 6502

I tried on both today, they are two diff animals, the loop is darker and rich looking, the sport is a pastel. Both are extremely comfortable. Some will think the leather is not "leather" enuf I'm sure, but was ok with me.

5. Downs2011 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I figured the leather loop would probably look better but I'm not sure if it's worth $100 more.

6. Wildgift macrumors 6502

7. Karnicopia macrumors 6502

I was really shocked how much I liked that blue leather loop it was really comfortable and Is hands down one of my favorite bands with the stainless just a great combo in person. I didn't like the look in pictures but loved how it looked and fit in person and it was the most comfortable watch strap I ever tried (Milanese is right there as well) I didn't try the blue sport but they gave me the white. The band fealt really great I loved the material it was really comfortable and had a great soft texture. Really depends on what your use is i think there's probably a great use for both, sport when you want to be active and a loop for when you want to dress it up a bit. Honestly though I really feel like Apple nailed all the bands I didnt try one I didn't like.

8. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

The sport band was great, much more comfortable than other sports watches like my gshock.

The leather loop was so insanely comfortable I'm agonizing over ordering one. I would highly recommend the leather loop, and I think the blue will go nicely with my space grey watch

9. Downs2011 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the feedback that really sounds great to me! I will go with the leather loop for now and probably pick up multiple sport bands in the future anyway.

10. Karnicopia macrumors 6502

You're welcome glad to help! I'm also pretty set on getting these they should complement each other well.

11. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

Blue sport vs blue leather loop??

Two totally different animals. The blue sport is a pastel and is "fun". The bright leather loop is rich and classy looking and my favorite band. It has a midnight blue tone to it. I think the person who decided to name it "bright blue" is color blind. See the leather loop below.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. redman042 macrumors 68020

I've got a SG Sport on order which comes with the black sport band. I tried this on in store the next day, along with most of the higher end bands.

I was not a fan of the leather loop based on photos, but I liked it a whole lot more when seeing it in person. The "wavy" look to the band actually looks really nice in person.

I'm seriously contemplating picking up a black leather loop to go with my SG aluminum watch, giving me two bands for casual and dressy situations. The black leather loop is the only higher end band that would look great with the SG watch since there is no metal in the band to clash with the dark aluminum.

13. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

That is either the black loop, or the color output is wacky. No way is that the blue loop.

14. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

Exactly what I was thinking, looks totally different than other ones I've seen posted on here

15. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

I was very impressed with the blue leather loop. It's also much easier to put on, versus the sport band.

16. Wildgift macrumors 6502

Really looking forward to third-party sellers selling dark blue leather bands.

17. Downs2011 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, those do look really dark, I found this on Instagram which I think might show the true tone of blue.

Attached Files:

18. Wildgift macrumors 6502

Definitely brighter in real life

19. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

+1

Attached Files:

20. Sharkey311 Suspended

The leather didn't feel fake or plasticky at all. I don't know what that moron from The Verge was smoking.

21. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

22. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

This is, for sure, the most accurate version of the color. It looks exactly like this in person.

23. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

These pics have a filter on them, the colors are off in the entire pic.

24. mobutt macrumors 6502

The leather loop was a sleeper hit the pics don't do it justice and it's absolutely great in person.

25. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

I admit it does look a bit darker in pics but that definitely is the bright blue leather loop.

----------

You guys are right. I took the filter off. Still looks midnight blue to me though as opposed to bright. [​IMG]