Blue Sport Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by generalsmart, Mar 15, 2015.

1. generalsmart macrumors regular

I'm a man and think the Blue Sport Watch looks the best.... but some people think it looks unprofessional or "girly."

Any thoughts?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Stop caring about what other people think.

If you like it, then wear it.

3. Phightinphils macrumors 6502

Phightinphils

If you're spending $400+ who cares what anyone thinks. Buy what you like man!

4. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I will say that I generally like bold bright colors, but the only colored iPhone case I could bring myself to buy was the red one. I love bright green and blue but for me personally they are just not the correct shade for me to like them partly because they do appear somewhat feminine/childish.

5. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

**** people's thoughts. It's your watch. Enjoy it :)

6. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

I like the look of the blue sport band too and I'm pretty sure it's the same shade of blue as the silicon iPhone blue case. However, I bought the case and used it for about a month before it I got tired of the BOLD almost cartoonish look it had. I ended up giving it to my 13yo niece. She loves it now.

I guess my point is you should buy what you want, but just keep in mind that it's a loud color and that you might get tired of it since you'll be wearing it everyday. Maybe since the sport bands are relatively inexpensive, you can get another one to trade off with occasionally.

7. Wallabe, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015

Wallabe macrumors 6502a

I prefer the blue sport watch too, and I'm a guy.

I've read the polls, and the most popular is the gray one, but the blue still catches my eyes. I like the silver color and blue, it looks clean and fresh. Then again, I'm a guy that walks around with a cute Mickey mouse shirt and don't care what others think. If you live your life trying to make others happy and accommodate to other people's tastes rather than your own, you're going to regret it later in life. Unless of course you're in the business to do so (hospitality), then it's personal vs professional opinions.

I still don't know about the size, I may go with 38mm, my wrist is 175mm (and downsizing, as I'm doing cardio daily). Then again, the 42mm is only $50 difference, with slightly bigger screen and bigger battery. Decisions, decisions...

eagleglen is right. In any case, the bands are relatively inexpensive, and can be exchanged for a different color. The silver aluminum watch is still classy, like the original iPhone.

8. bransoj macrumors 6502a

There seems to be a lot of this...folk wanting to know what goes with what, is the 38mm one for women, is a certain band not acceptable for something etc even to the point that you shouldnt wear a watch at all in certain situations that i'd never heard of being the case.

For me just get the watch that you want with the band you want and wear it when you want and stop fussing over what other people are likely to think.

9. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

I actually really like the red/pink one for myself :)

Attached Files:

10. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

The blue version is nice however I've had my interest drawn to the Sports Space Grey and black strap version.

Each to their own.

It would be a boring world if we all liked the same. #

11. BigMovieGeek macrumors regular

I'm personally eyeing up the blue sports band. Partly because of the overwhelming number of people going for the space fray, but mainly because I just like it. I'll also be getting another band to mix things up, but why not... Be bold.

12. Wallabe macrumors 6502a

I go to Disney world often enough to collect one of each magicband color (including pink) for each of my visits. How's that for a colorful life?

13. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Who cares. If you like it, buy it. It's like all the threads about white iPhones not being for men.....meh...

14. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Buy what you want for yourself. If you feel the need to go more professional then just buy an additional leather strap (or whatever).

15. generalsmart thread starter macrumors regular

I think I will buy the blue sport version, and then buy a black sport band to go with it if I get tired of the blue.

I don't know why the aluminum watch doesn't come with a black band. I'm not a fan of the space grey watch color.

16. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Maybe because Apple knows it as the most desired color. This way Apple gets to sell an extra strap and $50 to all those who really want it, like you.;)

17. generalsmart thread starter macrumors regular

Plus, I'm too cheap to spring for the stainless steel. I'm going to wait for the 3rd or 4th generation to buy the nice ones.

Highly doubt I will EVER buy the gold ones, even if I get rich enough to easily afford them. Pointless display of wealth.

18. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I really like the blue band. I don't see how someone could call it girly. I understand calling the pink one that (even though it's annoying when people say girly despairingly). It's a really loud color so it may not always be what you want, but that's why they're interchangeable.

19. Wallabe macrumors 6502a

If you're buying the color based on what you think other people will think of you, instead of what you really like, you're wearing it wrong. I've already set my eyes on the blue band when I first saw it last year.

20. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

Get what you like! I don't think the blue is a girly blue. It's blue. I personally love it. I also love the bright green. Is that a manly color? Regardless I'm getting all the sport bands except the black. I like to change it up. I have a fitbit flex right now solely because it was the only option I could change the band.

21. GoingDark macrumors 6502

I'm a guy and I'm also getting the Sport most likely with the blue band. I will probably pick up a Milanese band down the road if I feel like dressing it up a little but I don't think the blue is particularly feminine.

For what it's worth, I used to have a Nokia Lumia 920 that was basically that shade of blue and I loved it.