Blue tint after screen saver on MB Pro 17"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by niceguyeddie, Nov 2, 2008.

1. niceguyeddie macrumors member

I have an early 2008 Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz with 512 mb graphics and I have noticed a problem. After a screen saver has been active the screen has a light blue tint which gives everything a washed out appearance. I have discovered that this can be fixed by opening the display properties in system preferences.

Is this a common problem? Is it a software problem? Is it a problem with the graphics card?

I am a bit concerned.........

2. jvlog macrumors member

it is posable that it's software but it's pretty well documented (and more likely) that these have faulty video cards. because of that i'd take it in for service and it should be replaced for free.

3. niceguyeddie thread starter macrumors member

I have only had my mbp for a couple of months, surely the graphics card would not be failing already?

4. nikiski macrumors regular

My MacBook Pro 15" is showing the exact same symptoms as the OP. And yes it can simply be corrected by opening display preference. I have not done any tests nor troubleshooting yet as it doesn't happen that often... although on occasionally it happens a few times a day. But when I try to reproduce it it's almost impossible.