Blue Tint in Games in Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Gravedrinker, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Gravedrinker macrumors newbie

I have googled a lot about this, and found some fixes for the blue tint in Windows, but not in games. I know, you need to import OSX color profile etc, but even though I did this, the blue tint comes back as soon as I start a game. I saw people asking the same after they found the fix, but nobody replied. I found like 3 threads on google where nobody could answer how to get rid of that.

You guys are surely playing some games in bootcamp too, so someone must have been bothered by it, or must be a a way to fix it.

Problem Description:
    When installing bootcamp, the screen isn't configured and makes everything look washed out and blue-ish. After fixing that by importing the color profile from OSX, it comes back when starting games.

For example, Team Fortress 2 has nothing of its colorful graphics, its grey and undersaturated with a blue tint. Call of Duty 4s desert levels are practically unplayable against other people because you can't distinguish people from rocks, concrete walls, sand or metal, because everything looks grey, cold, dull and blue.

How can I get the profile to stay selected or whatever is causing this? The normal desktop looks fine with the color profile, but as soon as you start games it seems to get reset to the blue hell. :confused:

I am using a 15 inch Macbook Pro from 2010 with the i7 option, and all latest OSX updates, although I doubt that matters.
    (Also Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with latest updates)
    Thanks for reading, hopefully someone can help me.

2. Gravedrinker thread starter macrumors newbie

Somebody MUST have noticed this. Nobody knows a fix for this? :(

3. neploho macrumors newbie