Blue tint is worse than ever

Discussion in 'macOS' started by computerman-8, Aug 28, 2009.

1. computerman-8 macrumors member

I'm on a MBP 2.4Ghz with 10.6 and everytime is comes back from the screensaver, the display has this blue tint on it. I have it hooked up to a cinema display aswell but the cinema display doesn't have this problem. Any tricks or ways to get apple to fix this.

Thanks.

2. donbenjy macrumors 6502

display preferences...I get this sometimes on Leopard - it's cos the colour profile switches back to the default I think. It's VERY annoying, and I don't know what the fix is!:(

3. CTJoyce macrumors member

Is it like a dissolve from a pale blue screen, or does it seem like someone has played with your monitor color settings.

If it is the blue dissolve that is normal as you have two displays attached.

If it seems to be the monitor settings check your "Displays" settings in sys prefs pane. Click the color tab and make sure that it is set to Color LCD. If it is set to Adobe RGB, Generic RGB, or sRGB the color settings will be very blue. Just set it to defult to the Color LCD and you shouldn't have an issue

Cheers
    Cameron

4. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Do you have the latest firmware? I've seen OS upgrades that have caused problems for folks without the latest firmware.

5. computerman-8 thread starter macrumors member

Its a disolve pale blue, just like there's more blue in everything (background, windows on that screen). It's on the Color LCD setting aswell. The only way I get the color back to normal is to enter and exit front row. But it's only temporary.

6. computerman-8 thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, I'm not sure on which firmware you're talking about but I've had this issue on Leopard before aswell but not this often.

7. computerman-8 thread starter macrumors member