Blue tint to my screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by teerexx52, Dec 12, 2008.

1. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

My MacBook Pro unibody from time to time the screen turns blue. Everything is shown with a distinctly bluish cast to it. If I restart the computer it goes away. It seems to come back without any rhyme or reason except maybe it happens after the unit sleeps. Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks

2. Macmel macrumors 6502

I just posted another thread because I have the same problem. Mine is an early 2008 MBP, though. No answers yet

3. teerexx52 thread starter macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Yes, I was going to call Apple (Again) and see if they had anything to offer about it. I seem to always get the ones that have quirks.:)

4. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

They have no fix for this issue. Instead of restarting, go to System Preferences and click on "Display" This has been found to correct the color issue.
    It's a quick fix but not a way to resolve it. Until a firmware/software update comes along, it looks like we'll have to live with it. I don't believe it is hardware related though, I had this problem dating back to 2006 with my first MBP and sent to Applecare for a fix came back the same, nothing new.

5. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

6. shoulin333 macrumors 6502a

it isn't hardware releated.

Simply the machine isnt loading your color profile.

This happens to me too on my uni body MBP, i found disabling sleep resolves more than one problem... at least for now

7. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

I have this problem with my MBP classic. Just go into System Preferences and click on Display, it should reload your color profiles and fix it instantly. This works for me. Tell me if it helps.

8. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

lol thanks for repeating the same information already given :rolleyes: