Blue tint when waking from sleeping

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by J'aime, May 8, 2008.

1. J'aime macrumors member

I have a 2.4 17" MBP hi-res (matte if that matters) that I got last october. I've noticed that every now and again if I leave the screen up, let the screensaver come on and then let the screen go to sleep upon waking (by touching the track pad or by hitting the spacebar) there is sometimes a bluish/grayish tint to the screen.

If I close the lid and leave it for a minute, then open the lid again it goes away, or if I restart it goes away.

Anyway, again it doesn't happen all the time, but it's annoying when it does.

Anyone have an idea what this is?

2. steeler macrumors regular

I don't know what is causing that, but I experienced the same on my 15" SR MBP (matte screen). Same thing... very infrequent. In fact it hasn't happened in about a week and I've only had the MBP for 2 weeks.

I got it to go away by going into the display settings and clicking OK without changing anything.

3. nhallmark macrumors 6502

Ive got the same problem on a 2.16 Core Duo 15" MBP. Like you said, it doesn't happen often, but when it does, I pull up sys pref>displays>toggle millions to thousands and back...then it's gone.

I have no idea what causes it though :eek:

4. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

I have the same issue on my Penryn MBP (see sig). However, I haven't tried the closing the lid to shutdown solution, and I usually solve it by going into system preferences --> displays and even before I do anything, it reverts to the normal color profile. any solutions? Seems to be a software glitch more than anything. Just only recently started happening.

5. FCDP macrumors regular

I've had the same issue happen a few times, thought it's only started after using the MBP with an external screen, as it appears to be using a different color profile when it wakes up from sleep mode, and it does seem to reset to the proper colour profile as soon as you open the display settings window.

Definitely odd...

6. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I know Tiger had a problem with color profiles and quick user switching that caused a blueish tint.

What OS are you using?

7. steeler macrumors regular

I'm using Leopard 10.5.2.

NOTE: I also experienced the issue with the fast user switching in Tiger on a PB G4, but this is a little different -- the Tiger issue usually required a reboot.

8. raymondu999 macrumors 65816

10.5.2, as well. My brother's 2.2SR also has the same problem, 10.5.2

9. diehldun macrumors 6502a

This happened often on my MBP, and honestly I finally got rid of it when I got a replacement MBP. Clicking on system preferences and the "monitor" icon seemed to help temporarily, though.