Blue Tint

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by o.neill.kid, Jul 29, 2012.

1. o.neill.kid macrumors member

Since upgrading to Mountain Lion, it seems whenever I go into a full screen application, iMessage, FaceTime, Skype, etc my screen goes from a normal color, to an extreme brightness that is very blue tinted. I am running a MBP 2011 Late Matte.

Anyway to stop this? *As soon as I exit the application that turned it blue it reverts back to normal, very annoying.

2. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

Sounds like the graphics card switching. Install gfxCardStatus.

3. o.neill.kid thread starter macrumors member

I have gfxCardStatus installed, I was switching back and forth manually with it to see if the display would change and it did. However it has never done this before and is incredible irritating to go from a nice screen at night to a blinding blue one.

Anyway to stop it form changing tint/color/brightness. Like I said I never had this problem before Mountain Lion.

4. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

Sounds like the color profile is changing when going from intergrated to discrete graphics. You can see this under System Preferences - Display - Color. Maybe you can change the profile so that they match?

I'll have to test this myself on my MBP but I primarily use the mini and there's only one graphics adapter so no switching takes place.

I'm sure this will get fixed in an update though.