Blue Tooth Quetsions/Syncing my Razr

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Darthzilla, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Darthzilla macrumors member

I cant for the life of me figure this out....

Im fairly smart but bluetooth is something i so dont understand lol

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What RAZR do you have? Which service provider? Assuming you don't have one that cannot sync with Macs / is not enabled by the provider (e.g. Verizon / V3m, which I think can only do a couple of limited things), it's pretty straightforward. There are step-by-step directions:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=iSync/2.0/en/isc6.html

Say which step you get stuck at, and we can help more.

3. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

In System Prefs, be sure to have 'Show Bluetooth status in menu bar' selected in the Bluetooth menu under 'Settings'.

From the Bluetooth symbol in the main menu bar, choose 'setup bluetooth device' and make sure that your phone's bluetooth is set to 'discoverable'.

The rest should take care of itself.

In my experience with an original V3, it didn't sync contacts with Address Book very well.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Egh, yeah, it isn't great, but it's functional. The V3 also doesn't store very many numbers. :( I think those things are better in the later phones.

For what it's worth, in my V3, to make it discoverable, go to settings -> connection -> bluetooth link -> and you can do it there.

Oddly, I just looked at that place on my phone, and it said "Bluetooth module not connected!" :eek: :eek: :eek: And it would not connect to my iMac! However, turning it off and back on seems to have resolved this issue. Strange. Never had that happen before. :eek:

5. Darthzilla thread starter macrumors member

OK..I got my computer to find my phone...

now...is there anywya to add wallpapers ? and ringtones ?

I thought the phoen would mount on my computer, but no luck.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You should be able to click on the bluetooth icon and use either send file (and then send the file) or use browse device (and then just go the appropriate folder and put it there. I sent a number of MIDI files to my RAZR for ringtones, as well as a JPG that I used as wallpaper. If you do send file, you'll just accept them on the phone and then save them as sounds / images / whatever. :) I just sent an MP3 file, which also worked fine. After you accept the file for transfer, you'll get the option to store it and/or immediately apply it as a ringtone / wallpaper (depending on whether it's a song or a pic). :)