Blue/ Yellow Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mightygitis, Feb 27, 2011.

1. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

So I'm an avid Engadget reader and though I breeze past moat entries about Android phones, this one caught my eye:

Click Here

It seems the newest Android update INTENTIONALLY warms the screen tint. I'm not sure if it is on all phones, they mention a specific model. But considering the heavy tint debate on iPhone I thought some might find it interesting.

2. kre62 macrumors 68000

I think this is stupid, and Android users are up in arms over it, and most hate it.

But most people with "Yellow tinted" iphone screens are not complaining of a simply slightly warmer tone, most of them have pissed-stained yellow screens which make seeing any color accurately difficult. I mean it's like having yellow sunglasses on. Thats different. Yet still, many refuse to grasp that concept and claim its just color temperature. Insane.

3. mightygitis thread starter macrumors 6502

mightygitis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I disagree. I have a warmer tint and photos appear much more color accurate. I'm viewing this site with it. I think most people are freaking whiner babies about it. You above me are obviously one such user.

4. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

My replacement iphone 4s were yellow tinted, i hated it because my june 23 i had for 8 months until the mic gave out was blue tinted.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If I were to pick which color to have my iPhone lean towards it will be closer to the blue side then yellow. I'd be rather unhappy to get a yellow screen on my iPhone

6. Achtung macrumors newbie

Replacement

Has anyone managed to get a replacement from Apple because of a Yellow screen? Was the replacement any better?

I just got a new IP4 from AT&T this morning (June version stolen) and it is noticeably yellower. Since the phone is not otherwise defective, I'm not sure if its worth a trek to the apple store.

7. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Got my June one replaced bc of a broken mic, all 4 refurbished replacements were yellow tinted, tried again and got a 61 that is perfect.