BlueAnt Bluetooth headset works in FaceTime!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by RedRedKrovy, Mar 17, 2011.

1. RedRedKrovy macrumors newbie

Last night I was listening to some music when I received a FaceTime call from a friend. So I answered it and after a few minutes it occurred to me that I was hearing him with me headset and not the speaker. At this point I started to rub my finger over the mic on my iPad and asking if he heard it, to which he replied no. Looking at the buttons along the bottom I realized there was a button to change form my Bluetooth back to the iPad 2 speaker and mic.

I f anyone has already posted on this I apologize but I wanted to share this discovery with those that don't know yet. Now if only we can get a Skype app for the iPad that supports Bluetooth!

2. Zodiak macrumors regular

3. RedRedKrovy thread starter macrumors newbie

It's the BlueAnt Q1 with the firmware update.

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

It took you a few minutes to realize sound was coming from your earpiece and not the speaker. Really.

And sorry we don't just need a Skype app for the iPad that supports BT, we need a native iPad Skype app that doesn't require 2x mode.

5. RedRedKrovy thread starter macrumors newbie

As far as why it took me a few minutes I was busy doing two things at once. Also when I stated we needed an app for the iPad I was talking about a native app, I already use the iPhone app, it is a far cry from what is possible.