Blueant Q2 works great with iphone 4!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ipad3g, Aug 1, 2010.

1. ipad3g macrumors member

Hey everyone if your looking for a great bluetooth headset i would suggest the blueant q2!

Ive used every single high end ($129.99+) bluetooth headset made! An none come even close to this!

This thing is loud! i mean LOUD! It works great for the iphone 4, i picked it up today at at&t store. The best part is you never have to look at your phone to see whos calling you, it actually announces the callers name! As long as the name is stored in your phone. I had the jawbone icon, and the blueant q1. I thought the sound quality was good on both those headsets! but once i tried this new blueant q2 i would never ever recommend the icon or the q1!

Thier are no reviewes up for it, only a video up on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlDauXLb-3k

2. SmallMacBigPack macrumors newbie

Yes, nice headset. I have owned Plantronics Pro, Jawbone Icon, and now Q2 (just my last 3 headsets), and absolutely the best quality and functioning on the Q2; bought it from eBay for less than 90 bucks delivered. Brand new! Great deal...

However, I am experiencing a new issue... all alerts (new email, new text, calendar, missed call, voicemail, etc.) are all streamed to the headset.... this can be problematic because I can't wear my headset 24/7.... and if Q2 is on my desk (as opposed to being on my ear) for example, I can never know if I got a text message... I called their tech support, and the guy didn't sound like he had heard this before... he acted very casually though. He said it's because of the AD2P and that if the phone streams everything through to the headset, then that's a phone thing. The ringer still comes from the phone (and caller ID from the headset), but no other tones can be heard from the phone anymore. Are you having the same experience? This can be a deal breaker for me very easily..... Otherwise, the best Bluetooth headset I have had.

3. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Okay

Where on eBay?
    Do you have the link?

My jabra JX10 series 2 does well then not with iPhone 4. Grrrrrrrrr

4. SmallMacBigPack macrumors newbie

Guess the guy who was selling them sold them all... sorry. But keep an eye out, I'm sure you'll stumble upon another deal soon.

I found a, rather painful, workaround for the issue where all alerts are being streamed through to the headset: Every time you are done using the headset, go to your voicemail page (hopefully you have at least one saved vm), touch Audio button, choose iPhone, and then play the vm. Just the first couple of seconds (or basically as soon as you can hear the voicemail coming out of the iPhone. Then stop the vm, and move on... All the alerts will now come out of the phone... Not only is it painful, but also the next time you want to make an outgoing call, iPhone automatically uses the phone for audio and you have to proactively change the audio to headset... and then when you are done, go through the routine as outlined above!

Is this worth it? For me, for now, it is. It seems like Apple--not the Bluetooth companies, need to make a distinction between what needs to be streamed to the headset and what must not.