BlueAnt V1 headset- your iPhone's new best friend

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pugnut, Aug 27, 2008.

1. pugnut thread starter macrumors 6502a

Amazig sound quality and voice dialing

I got the V1 yesterday and I am initially very impressed with the sound quality and the voice dialing. Setup was a breeze and the sound quality is amazing. clear, crisp no crackling. The ability to voice dial on the iPhone is critical for me.

I am going to give it a week or so, but I think it is a keeper

2. McBkAir macrumors newbie

It looks nice!! Voice dialling is nice too!
    Have you tried in the noisy environments such as noisy restaurant or Shopping mall?
    Noise canceling is my priority reason to buy a headset.
    I'm using Jawbone2 right now. It has great noice canceling feature, but it gets me too much echo when I pair it with iPhone 3G. It worked great this 1G iPhone, though.
    I was thinking to get Senniheiser VMX100, but after I saw V1 on website, I don't know which is better.

Please let me know result if you use it in the noisy environments.

3. pugnut thread starter macrumors 6502a

Day 1 - Amazing call quality and noise reduction

I have used it all day, testing both the calls and the built in functions. It has a few functions that walk you through the setup and training. I set it to train me mode and had the air on in the car and the radio on to see the response. There we almost no issues. The only issue I had was when the air was on high and was straight on me and then the only issue was that I needed to speak louder.

I took a conf call at the Farmers Market while I was walking though and had no issues. People on the call said I was clear and could hear me with no issues. The sound quality in the ear is the best I have ever had with a unit. The voice dialing allocates the first 5 slots to predefined things, like voicemail and office, however will dial whatever number you have programmed in. I like hearing the number and being able to reject the call from the headset without pulling the phone out while driving.

The unit fits well on the ear. I opted to use the generic plastic piece as the ear loop as I did with the Jawbone. Unlike the Jawbone 2 there was never one echo or crackling sound. I also have the h12, which is a great little unit, but is a noise enviornmentit was hard for me to hear the callers.

4. McBkAir macrumors newbie

I just ordered one!!
    Thanks for great review!!:)

5. navigates macrumors 6502a

Don't want to be a party p. but I've tried the blueant and the plantronics 925 side by side. Although Blueant is impressive in its size but in voice quality it is robotic when compared to the plantronics 925. Blueany has nice features but in my opinion whats good with features if the other person can hear a robotic sound.

I'm not saying blueant is bad but when compared to 925, the 925 has absolutely no difference when switched from the iphone to the headset, but with blueant, the other person could figure out by asking... Did you just switch headsets. !!!!

However the 925 does not have voice dialing but I'm VERY satisfied. The fact of physics. It has a boom mic which is closer to the mouth when compared to blueant. Give it any technology, if the mic is further away, the quality will suffer.

6. pugnut thread starter macrumors 6502a

More testing

So far no issues with sound quality, I have had a significant number of calls, this morning I went into the city, yet another farmers market and made a few calls , specifically to test the response. I called Citibank to see if I could process through their voice response system while in a crowded place. I have not one issues making it past the prompts, they all registered. The only issue was the people around me asking if I was talking to them.

I find the sound quality amazing and would recommend a test drive of this unit specifically. I have a car with a shift stick and the ability to accept calls without looking at the device is a great help, it read the incoming number to you to see if you want to accept , and the ability to voice dial is a solid plus for me. It is a added bonus that the sound quality is amazing.

7. linedpaper macrumors newbie

Can anyone confirm is the Multipoint technology is still in the V1? I haven't seen any mention of that, but some reviews mention that it is pretty much the same as the Z9i (which I currently have) other than the voice dialing functionality. I need to be able to pair 2 phones at the same time still and switch between them on the fly. Is anybody able to test this on their V1?

Thanks,
    Tim

8. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

quick question

Has everyone on the threads been using this headset on the iPhone 3g? Or have they attempted to use it on other phones as well?

I have tried the discovery 650, the h12 and original jawbone, and the only conclusions I can definitively state is that everyone has their own preference in terms of trade offs between fit, comfort and sound quality; and that different headsets work differently on different phones.

I would love to be able to ask what headset works best with my motorola 385 for instance.

9. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I've heard good things about this headset but going to hold on to the Jawbone for another month or 2 (or 3) in the hopes Apple or some company are coming up with one to taker advantage of the coming 3.0 changes.

10. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

This headset looks amazing. I really love the Blueant Supertooth speakerphone that I've had now for a while. I wonder why they haven't incorporated this voice technology into those yet. If and and when they do, I'm there.