Bluefish 2.2 Problems with Shift Key

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ejket, Mar 16, 2012.

1. ejket macrumors newbie

ejket

I bought a new Air the other day, and I can't get Bluefish to work properly. When I hit a key combination like Shift S to get a simple capital S, I get some stupid popup form for CSS. This makes the editor unusable, since I obviously need to type in capital letters.

I tried some older versions -- 2.03 doesn't even load, and 2.0 and up give me the same problems as 2.2. I have Bluefish 2.03 working on my old MacBook, though.

Anyone know of any solution for this problem?

2. adelwich macrumors newbie

Arggggh. I have the *exact* same problem. Did you ever find an answer?

How is it possible that we are the only people to complain about this problem? Why on earth would they make Shift-S a keyboard shortcut in their text editor? What were they thinking?

3. ejket thread starter macrumors newbie

ejket

No, I'm afraid I never did find a solution. I ended up using Emacs to edit HTML files, though I haven't managed to set a proper default font size with it on a Mac. I'd still like to use Bluefish if I could, since I use it a lot on Linux, and it serves my needs very well.

I'm still hoping that someone who knows the solution will appear :)

4. pinkpearl macrumors newbie

I solved this problem. Close BlueFish and edit the file
    ~/.bluefish/menudump_2.

Replace this line:

;(gtk_accel_path "<Actions> /htmlbarActions /DialogsCreateStyle" "<Shift> <Alt> s")

with:

(gtk_accel_path "<Actions> /htmlbarActions /DialogsCreateStyle" "")

Save and open BlueFish. Now the shift+s writes S! :)

5. adelwich macrumors newbie

Thank you so much! This solved the problem for me.

6. ayh123 macrumors newbie

I am running into the same problem, but pinkpearl's method did not work for me. Even after I deleted the accelerator keys for DialogsCreateStyle in the menudump_2 file, Bluefish defaulted back to Shift+S opening dialog. This was the case even though I quit Bluefish, saved the menudump_2 file, and re-opened Bluefish.

When I open the menudump_2 file, it is still modified the way I wanted it to be; it just doesn't seem to have any effect on the dialog. If I go to Preferences and choose "Reset accelerator keys," the menudump_2 file lists the Shift+S command again, so I know the file is connected to Bluefish.

I am running Snow Leopard, not Lion. Don't know if that affects anything.

Thanks for any help.

7. pinkpearl macrumors newbie