Blues and GarageBand 10.0.2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Codeseven, May 16, 2014.

1. Codeseven macrumors 6502a

I currently have GB 6.0.5 and have been using it to learn Blues Guitar. I was thinking of updating to the new 10.0.2. I was hoping there would be more Blues content such as new Lessons.

Does anybody know if the newest GB has more Guitar Blues content?

The other hesitation I have in downloading the update are the many poor Reviews complaining about everything from extended download times to features that no longer exist or work poorly.

Anybody that has upgraded to the new GB, was it worth it?

Thanks!

2. Codeseven thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually, I decided to download it after realizing it was free anyway and as has been pointed to me, the older version stays in place and I can just go back to it if I don't like the updated version :)

So that being the case, it's kinda weird to read soooo many rabidly negative comments about the update as if people are now stuck with using the new version.

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

The same has been said about iMovie, but as with anything new, some people do not like change. Some welcome it. GarageBand & iMovie new versions are not bad at all to use. It just takes time getting use to them. Only took a few hours and I had most of it figured out.

As you stated, the old versions are left in place to use and are not overwritten. Now Pages, Numbers & Keynote are a different story. They were pretty dumbed down which actually made them hard to use for some people. But again the old versions of them are left in place as well, so you still have them to use.