Bluetack

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Cungee, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Cungee macrumors newbie

I have a lot of messages on my console log about "ww.bluetack.co.uk" and associated zip file . The messages start with"pploader 151 download fromP2P but I didnt download anything using a P2P at all.
    Is this someone trying to gain access to my computer??

Maybe I shouldnt read the console log anymore!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Are you talking about the actual console.log or a different log in the Console app? :)

3. Cungee thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi MJ,

Thanks for the reply, I shouldnt have posted this stupid thread as after a bit of searching on the forums I got answers to BOTH of my problems as they were linked.
    First my safari wasnt going well THEN i found those log reports with "bluetack". It turns out that someone else had the same problem.
    I used to use a program called "peer guardian" and then I thought I dont really need this so I quit the app. It is a P2P protection program that checks "lists(Bluetack)" of bad ?ISP locations and doesnt let them connect to you.
    Even though i quit the program, two smaller programs were still active on my computer-pploader and pplogger and THESE were inhibiting my Safari's connectability to certain sites so I force quit them and trashed peer guardian and everything is cool again.

Cungee

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Thanks for posting back with a solution, mate. I'm glad it's all sorted. :)