Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
I haven't tested out the iphone 3g bluetooth yet...and I'm debating a cd player upgrade in my car that has integrated bluetooth/handsfree.

How does your 3g bluetooth interact with your current bluetooth items?

Here's the cd player I'm looking at, it also has ipod control ability. :D

Sony MEX BT5100
32787452-2-300-OVR-1.gif

I previously posted something similar in the accessories forum...but this is more of a question as to the iphone's bluetooth interaction and your happiness/dissatisfaction with it. :eek:
...and whether or not anyone would recommend against using a cd player for bluetooth/handsfree or not with the iphone 3g.

ruinfx

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2008
the iphones bluetooth is crippled by apple and AFAIK it can only be used to connect to a bluetooth headset and make calls. that means no file transfer and no streaming of audio or video over bluetooth.

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
for what you want to do, itll work fine
the iphone supports headset and handsfree, so if the cd player supports it, youll get your address book, and redial on the cd player

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
for what you want to do, itll work fine
the iphone supports headset and handsfree, so if the cd player supports it, youll get your address book, and redial on the cd player

I 2nd that ^^^ I actually have handsfree BT in my car and when the I'm playing my iPhone/iPod mode, the music fades and I can take the call while the call is heard on the car stereo system speakers. :cool:

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
I knew the bluetooth was crippled...I suppose this was to help protect music rights...

I have a bluetooth headset...I just can't seem to do it.
I don't want to constantly look like I'm in contact with my stock broker. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.