Bluetooth 4.2 Audio Receiver?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bpcookson, Sep 13, 2016.

1. bpcookson macrumors 6502

bpcookson

So the new phones have bluetooth 4.2 support, which makes me think the Airpods do too. A quick check on wikipedia found this key improvement over 4.1:
    This strikes me as the reason Airpods are able to offer "high-quality AAC audio," which brings me to my question:

Has anyone found any good Bluetooth 4.2 audio receivers? This unreleased thing from Griffin only offers BT 4.1 and a few rounds of googling haven't turned up much.

For a bit of context, my car has an audio jack and no USB. I want something like this to give my car a permanent bluetooth connection but I don't want it to sound like crap.

2. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

That would be ideal for cars. I'd also like to see a cut down version for those of us with Apple headphones that already have the controls on it. Basically no buttons (Except maybe power), have the controls on the headset work exactly the same as they used to. I want a block I plug headphones into that simply works and has at least a 4 hour battery life, but 6-10 would be even better

3. Rigby macrumors 601

Don't waste your money. This feature does nothing for audio quality, since A2DP audio streaming does not use LE mode (but rather classic BR/EDR). The "high-quality AAC audio" just means that the earphones support the AAC codec rather than just SBC (which quite a few existing earphones already do).