Bluetooth (A2DP) advice

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Abyssgh0st, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Can anyone help me out here?

I've always wanted an A2DP set of headphones ever since it was made possible (3G S, I think) but never got around to it. With the implementation of Siri I think I'm going to buy some. Any recommendations?

What I'd like in a pair is this (please let me know if any of this is impossible):

1. Obviously A2DP stereo sound for playing music.
    2. A call/hang up button on the headset
    3. Decent sound quality
    4. Good build quality

Thanks!

2. cc2096 macrumors regular

cc2096

3. Abyssgh0st, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I'm honestly not 100% sure what would work best for me. My main uses for it would be listening to music and talking to Siri. Maybe something like those MM 400s would be better for that then the Jawbone. Would you have any other recommendations besides the MM 400s, something more like the MOTO ROKRs (either behind the head or less 'obtrusive' than can style headphones?

4. cc2096 macrumors regular

cc2096

5. Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Thanks for the info. I think what I was referring to in my last post (as the MOTO ROKRs), was actually meant to be the Moto S10-HDs.

And does the iPhone still not support AVCRP? (the ability to skip tracks using Bluetooth). That is a huge letdown considering all the neat controls that headset has.

6. cc2096 macrumors regular

cc2096

Actually yes the iPhone does support AVCRP now, and it works great with the MM400's.

7. Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Fantastic!

I'm pretty interested in these MM400's (I use HD280's at my desk). My only qualm is the price. I've got a $20 credit on eBay that I'm itching to spend, but there are really no good deals. There have been a few that have popped up on there in the past 2 weeks or so and sold for $125-150 new. Haven't seen any used. Currently the lowest priced pair is about $250. Bummer!

8. Miao Ying, Oct 13, 2011

Miao Ying macrumors member

I use a Sony MW600 as a bluetooth device:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Ericsson...1DCM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318569652&sr=8-1

I've used it at to listen to music and take calls over a 10-hour work day, mic is built into the device and you can use it with any type of headphones you prefer although the ones included are decent as well. Despite what reviews might say about controls at the amazon site on this device, I haven't had a problem controlling what's playing with the play/pause, track controls or ability to answer calls.

9. cc2096 macrumors regular

cc2096

Those look like a good solution too. There are plenty of decently priced options, the Senn's are just the ones I use.

10. Abyssgh0st, Oct 13, 2011

Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I've been looking around and I think the Jawbone Icon HD might be a good fit. My main concern is I want the headphones to be an unobtrusive as possible (and I often listen to music with one headphone in, anyways). I do A LOT of walking (2-5 miles daily) and it'd be nice to not have large headphones over my head. My only complaint is that there isn't AVCRP, but it does have play/pause, something the Jawbone has always lacked.

EDIT: At this point I really think the best solution is either the MOTOROKR S9-HD (heard bad things about the S9 and S10-HDs) or the Jawbone ICON HD (or something similar if they have a better product).

11. cc2096 macrumors regular

cc2096

I had an Icon before getting my Era, and I have to say the sound quality in A2DP was really lacking in the Icon. The Era sounds pretty good though for a mono>stereo conversion in one ear.

12. Abyssgh0st thread starter macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

How about music quality through both the ICON and Era?

13. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I bought these a couple of months back. They're inexpensive and work perfectly. best part is that sweat on the back of your neck won't break them like a lot others. Perfect for those intense workouts. I'm not an audiophile but I'm entirely content with their performance. The bass is really weak but that's about it. Best part is the battery. I really do get nearly an entire days worth of use out of these.

14. slapppy macrumors 65816

I haven't seen these before...I just checked it out on your link and they sound really good and the price is right. :)