Bluetooth accessories no longer wake MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by borisiii, Nov 7, 2010.

1. borisiii macrumors 6502

I use my 13" MBP connected to an external display with a magic mouse, magic trackpad, and apple wireless keyboard. I always used to wake the laptop from sleep by pressing a key or clicking, but recently this has stopped working - the only way I can wake the computer is by opening the lid, but the bluetooth accessories still connect and work fine. This means I can no longer use only the external display, say when I want to watch videos. I have tried unpairing and repairing all of them, as well as restarting, doing a PRAM reset, and restoring my computer to a time machine backup of when they were working, all with no effect. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Have you taken a look at System Preferences > Bluetooth > Advanced > Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer yet?

Btw, Time Machine does not restore the system as it has been at a certain time (except during reinstallation), it is for restoring files and data. Do you mean something else perhaps?

3. borisiii thread starter macrumors 6502

I should clarify that when I said I restored it, I meant that I looked at a previous version of all my settings, and changed them all back to where they were before, including things like wallpaper and wireless network preferences.

And yes, bluetooth devices are allowed to wake the computer, but it still isn't working.

Thanks for the help - anything else I could try?