Bluetooth adaptor for car?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by danny8200, Nov 28, 2014.

1. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Hi,
    2010 Honda Civic. I know there are several adaptors that can add Bluetooth functionality onto a vehicle. Does anyone know if any of these adaptors will let me control the music from the steering wheel? I know I can stream music wirelessly, but if I need to switch tracks using the phone then it kind of defeats the purpose.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

does your steerling whell let you control the radio, cd player?

does your car not have a AUX input? that might be easier than bluetooth

3. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

This is the one I have and it works great. Very easy to change tracks.

http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTC450...d=1417221295&sr=8-2&keywords=kinivo+bluetooth

This is the newer model.

http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTC455...d=1417221295&sr=8-5&keywords=kinivo+bluetooth

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

I think there are several options but I'd have to Google just as you would. Try the usual suspects such as USA Spec. Their BT45-HON3 looks like it should be compatible with your car and offer use of the steering wheel controls but definitely verify this yourself.

5. meistervu macrumors 65816

Another option

Have you considered replacing the stereo?

I had an older Acura with a nice stock head unit that didn't even have an aux input port. Over the years I looked at various solutions to connect my iPhone to it. I finally decided this year to replace the head unit with a Pioneer. It cost me less than $200 and about 2 hours. Now I have a well integrated stereo with bluetooth. When the phone ring, no matter what mode the stereo is in (bluetooth, FM, CD), the stereo switch to bluetooth automatically so I can hear the ring and push a button to answer the call.

I don't think a bluetooth adapter can do that.

The reason I took me so long was that I like the look of the stock head unit. But I finally decided that I want function more than look.

6. danny8200 thread starter macrumors 65816

danny8200

I would rather keep the stock stereo for now. Thx all for the prompt responses.