Bluetooth and Sleep issues

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by glanv, Jul 30, 2008.

1. glanv macrumors regular

Hello all

I am normally lurking in the iPhone section, but seeing as I have a MacBook thought I'd drop by and see if anyone can help with a problem I have come to accept.....

I have a first gen MacBook and have bluetooth problems since day one. It is very often "not available". I originally got it repaired, or so I thought, after a couple of months of owning it. they replaced the BT module. Anyway, for about 18mths now the BT is not available at times, doesn't show up in profiler and is causing sleep issues. When it isn't available and I try to put the book to sleep it is constantly waking up (makes whiring noise) and then trying to sleep again. This drains the battery like nobody's business! I have always intended to take it to the store again as I have 3yr Applecare but never get round to it. I have read in the Apple discussion forums that it is very likely due to the positioning of the wires inside or something to do with the power unit. Think I'll take it in this weekend and see if I can get it sorted. I hoped upgrading to Leopard would help but it hasn't.

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but I tried seaching and couldn't really find anything.

Cheers!

2. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

If you don't want to trudge to the apple store, you can try an SMC reset. That will help sleep issues; if it's bluetooth it won't.

3. Fretbuzzer macrumors newbie

Bluetooth and Sleep issues

I have the same issue and it just started two months ago.

Any known solutions?