Bluetooth: Apple Wireless Keyboard, and Magic Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by o'glory, Nov 27, 2010.

1. o'glory macrumors member

For the holiday season, I was thinking of purchasing an Apple Wireless Keyboard, and an Apple Magic Mouse. I'm absolutely sure it'll be a wise investment, and an awesome Christmas gift. My current Mighty Mouse is quite horrible, I don't even have the ability to scroll up. Of course I don't bother to waste my time cleaning it. Oh well, they don't have a scroll bar for nothing.

The only problem is that I'm not sure if my Mac has the proper capabilities to enable usage for the wireless perpherials I'm planning to buy. This is somewhat how my Mac looks, though I'm running on Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 (I purchased the disk). I believe my computer has Bluetooth, there's an Icon for it in System Preferences. In my System Profiler, it also has a Bluetooth tab (here's the information is shows, I just cropped out some info. at the top, and my name).

How do I know if my Mac is set for these two items?
    Looking forward to your responses. Thanks.

2. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

You're good to go! Enjoy your new peripherals.

3. Knoodles macrumors 6502

Knoodles

Clues
    10.6.3 = Intel Mac. All newer Macs going back about six years or so have Wireless and Bluetooth included standard.
    Pane in System Preferences. Wouldn't be there if you didn't have Bluetooth.
    System Profiler lists the device. Would say "no information found" if no Bluetooth.

4. o'glory thread starter macrumors member

Ah ok. So if all Intel Macs are programmed with Bluetooth? That's awesome, thanks so much. :)