Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
Hello all,

Advice for the car... bluetooth audio in an older car....

In newer cars, the iphone connects to the system automatically, seamless, when you start the car.
Is there any bluetooth audio dongle that can do the same?

Currently I always have to press the bluetooth audio thing for a few seconds, wait for it to connect, keep my fingers crossed, etc. Is there something that better simulates the built in bluetooth car experience?

Specifically, besides the seamless automatic bluetooth connection, I would like siri to be able to remember "where i parked my car"... apparently it does so by remembering a car's bluetooth connection last location...

thanks,
r

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I don't know of any add on or fix other than installing a newer stereo. There are many lower priced good options available but it also depends on your vehicle. I would go to Crutchfield and see what they have available, you can enter all your car's information and it will tell you what you need and what will work.

ben.

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2010
Seems stupid to me that when you select a particular bluetooth as "car stereo" the phone doesn't automatically remember where it was parked, etc. Isn't that a no brainer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.