Bluetooth Audio from Mini

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by peeaanuut, Sep 21, 2007.

1. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

I just swtiched over to mac and am running into my first annoyance. When I had my PC I had a motorola bluetooth dongle and a pair of HT820 sterepo headphones. They sounded great. Good Bass and clean sound. I could walk nearly around my house and there was no cutout. But I also remember it connecting as a "high quality" audio device vs pairing my cellphone bluetooh headphone (jabra) and it being a "low quality" audio device. Unfortunately I do not see that as an option for the mac. It connects and I can listen to music and I even have the option of turning on and off the microphone. However the music audio quality is horrible. The same as the low quality sounded on the PC. Am I missing a driver or is this just the way the mac puts the audio out?

I also use the headphones at work on win 2k and win xp and I get the "high quality" connection option and they sound great.

Am I doing something wrong on the mac?:confused:

2. milk242 macrumors 6502a

I believe because OS X doesn't have an A2DP bluetooth profile your audio quality will be poor. Are you using the dongle that came with the headphones or the built in BT?

3. peeaanuut thread starter macrumors 65816

the headphones didnt come with a USB dongle. i got it with an iPod adapter instead that plug into the data port. I have been using it with a PC850 Motorola dongle for my pc at work.

4. milk242 macrumors 6502a