Bluetooth Audio Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LumbermanSVO, Jan 3, 2015.

1. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

I'm turning a MacMini into a kitchen recipe/entertainment hub/media server that includes a flush mounted monitor with a set of nice built in speakers. One feature I'd like to add is the ability for anyone to be able to stream music to it from any Bluetooth device. Is there an app to make this happen? I've been looking and haven't had much luck yet.

Thanks!

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I'm thinking that the bluetooth in the Mini isn't an A2DP receiver. If I'm right you could always get an inexpensive bluetooth receiver and plug the 3.5mm from it into the Mini's audio IN. I've seen USB powered bluetooth receivers at Amazon for less than $10.

3. Hrhnick macrumors member

While not Bluetooth, AirServer will enable you Mac to play from any device that supports AirPlay, so iOS devices or other Macs. It can do audio/video as long as the device is connected to the same Wifi network.

I like Airplay better in this scenario as it will not require pairing/repairing like bluetooth. Connect to the wifi, and select the computer as output.

Of course it does limit you to iOS/OS X devices, so no go on Android.