Bluetooth Auto On/Off when connected to a power supply

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by JTD, Apr 10, 2009.

1. JTD macrumors newbie

I only ever want to use bluetooth when my Macbook is attached to a power supply (the 24'' cinema display power in particular, as my the Macbook is in clamsell mode and i want to use my wireless keyboard and mouse). Is there any way to automatically toggle bluetooth on/off when it is attached to the display. I tried to play with automator, and i found how to turn bluetooth on and off, but couldnt find a way to trigger it. Thanks!
    Victor

2. jhsfosho macrumors 6502

The application "Marco Polo" might allow you to do this. I set it up so that when I connect to the peripherals at my desk, it will automatically mount my shared drives on my network. When I unplug to take my laptop somewhere, it will unmount those drives and turn on the password protection to disable the screensaver.

Marco Polo

According to the homepage, one of the actions available is to turn on and off bluetooth. Basically you will have to create the scenario when you want bluetooth on, enable those settings in a location in marco polo. Then create the scenario when you want bluetooth off, and enable those settings in a new location in marco polo. Then it will automatically switch between those locations and therefore those settings.