bluetooth & batteries, what works best

Discussion in 'iMac' started by roadkill401, Apr 25, 2015.

1. roadkill401 macrumors 6502

roadkill401

I have had my iMac for about 3 months now, and have changed the batteries on the mouse already once. Now the Keyboard, Tablet and Mouse are all complaining with less than 15% charge in each of them.

They all orginally came with the Energizer Lithium batteries. The mouse lasted about 9 weeks with them. I replaced the mouse with regular energizers and it has stood up for about 6 weeks. The keyboard and tablet (that doesn't get much use) have lasted about 13 weeks.

What is standard for these wireless devices?

What sort of battery is the best bang for the buck?

2. Steveatesh macrumors regular

Steveatesh

The Magic Mouse is heavy on batteries, the keyboard a lot less so.
    Your options are to keep buying alkaline style batteries (having some spares on hand a smith crossover), or to buy some top end rechargeable batteries and work with those.

As a more expensive in the short term but maybe better long term I did see another post here recently with a link to an induction charger for the Magic Mouse. I believe you out the special batteries into the MM and then it sits on the unit and remains charged. It was around £50 ( around $75?) or so, sorry I don't have the link but it was recent.

I'll be meeting these options myself when my store of batteries run out!

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I use these rechargeables and they work perfectly. I bought eight batteries and keep four in the charger and four in use.

4. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

I use Sanyo "Eneloop" rechargeable batteries in my keyboards, mice, and trackpads with good results. The low self-discharge rate allows them to last quite awhile between charges. I suspect the Apple rechargeable batteries with charger and the Amazon "Basic" rechargeable batteries are Eneloop as well.

The Magic Mouse is demanding on batteries, and I have a Mobee rechargeable insert and charging pad on my heavily used systems. If the supplied batteries in the Mobee go bad, I open it and replace them with Eneloops as well. The charging pad is nice as you simply set the mouse on it occasionally when you are not using the computer and it tops off the charge.

http://www.mobeetechnology.com/the-magic-charger.html