Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue. I recently purchased the Bose soundlink mini 2. I've found that the battery indicator in the Notification Center on my iPhone 6 Plus shows 80%, but on my Bose speaker it says 60%. I've tried resetting both my speaker and iPhone. I also checked the battery indicator on iPad Air 2 in the Notification Center and it shows 80%. I'm trying figure out if this is an issue with iOS or my Bose Bluetooth speaker.

Thanks in advance,
AK

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Most battery percentages are only estimates. Its possible that your Bose Speaker battery needs to be calibrated to read a 'more' accurate percentage. But as I stated, all percentages are only estimates and actual battery life will vary.

pentcp2

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2015
Surely the apple devices get their info directly from the 3rd party devices via Bluetooth handshake? Sounds like they're sending bogus info to me!

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Most battery percentages are only estimates. Its possible that your Bose Speaker battery needs to be calibrated to read a 'more' accurate percentage. But as I stated, all percentages are only estimates and actual battery life will vary.

I was thinking the same thing. Im in the process of draining the battery and charging it. Hopefully that fixes it.

DJLAXL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
UT
My Jaybird X2's battery doesn't update properly either. Haven't tried my Bose SLIII....I'll give it a shot today.

Dragon864789

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2018
My Jaybird X2's battery doesn't update properly either. Haven't tried my Bose SLIII....I'll give it a shot today.

Yea it doesn’t read the battery on my bluedio ufo’s accurately...like every 4% should count as an hour of used but 10%-20%seems to be the hour point even tho it should not
And these headphones has a 25 hour battery and I only used to for like 8 hours yesterday and a hour today but it now says 40% tho it should be between 60%-70%

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.