Bluetooth blown out on 15" unibody MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by damado, Mar 18, 2009.

1. damado macrumors 6502

I just noticed today that the bluetooth is no longer working. The utilities say no hardware found. I used to use my BT mouse all the time perfectly.

I'm not sure if it's the cause, but my laptop would sometimes turn on while inside the carrying case and maybe that causes overheating.

It also always freezes after about an hour or two of playing World of Warcraft on it and requires holding down the power button.

I'm going to take it in, but here's my question. I have bodyguardz covering the entire thing. Does it void my warranty? I can see apple saying the protection helped overheating since it can't transfer the heat through the aluminum to the air or whatever. I'm wondering if I should remove it before taking it in or not.

Thanks!

2. xoggyux macrumors 6502

something similar happened to me once, try this, unplug the laptop, remove the battery, press the power button for 10s and restart it (reset SMC.) It should fix it.

3. damado thread starter macrumors 6502

That worked, thank you very much!

4. xoggyux macrumors 6502

you are welcome, also my brother's WoW is freezing all the time as well, I think is rather the game's fault, thats why he sometimes runs it on windows/bootcamp (plus it is supposed to be faster) I do not know though since I do not play.

5. Colin20 macrumors regular

Which BT mouse are you using?