Bluetooth Broken on New Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by hacksaw-C87, Feb 9, 2009.

1. hacksaw-C87 macrumors regular

Hi all,

I recently changed the batteries on my wireless Apple Keyboard. When I turned the Mac back on the keyboard wouldn't connect. Confused, I went in to system preferences where I got this message.

I've searched for the problem in Apple Support on their website but to no avail. I have Applecare. Is this something I need to take up with them? Should I take my Mac to a genius bar?

Thanks in advance for any help
    hacksaw

Attached Files:

2. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

hmm....I havent seen that one before, so I wouldnt be much help...although I am really curious to find out whats wrong with it. Did you call apple support?

3. hacksaw-C87 thread starter macrumors regular

I've got publishing deadlines to meet in the next fortnight so all of my time is going toward that. I'm desperately trying to avoid Applecare, if you catch my drift.

If I can get any help here first then I'd really appreciate it. I'm only 15 minutes away from an Apple store so it wouldn't be a major blow. I'll let you know when I get the issue sorted.

4. hacksaw-C87 thread starter macrumors regular

Brilliant. Sorted it myself. I put the applications disc that came with my Mac into the drive and restarted and ran the hardware test. It didn't come up with any failures, but when I restarted again my bluetooth had come back!

Bizarre... but it seems to have solved the problem.