Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TGB77

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2019
When I'm connected to Bluetooth in my car, my calls automatically get routed to the iPhone's speaker phone, not to Bluetooth. To get it to go to Bluetooth, I have to press one of the three white bars on the phone which says Bluetooth. For example, while connected to Bluetooth, I say "Hey SIRI, call George", and I hear the Bluetooth audio saying "calling George on speaker", then it starts ringing on the iPhone's speaker phone rather than the Bluetooth system. If I say "Hey SIRI, call George on speaker", it still uses the speaker phone and if I say "Hey SIRI, call George on Bluetooth", it still uses the speaker phone.

I tried doing a 'forget Bluetooth' and re-establishing the Bluetooth, but that did not help.
I checked all settings on the phone and can't find anything which would control how calls are handled in this situation.

Prior to updating from 12.1.4 to 13.1.2, if I said "Hey SIRI, call George", it was immediately transferred to the Bluetooth and the call conducted on Bluetooth.

Does anyone have any clue what may be going on?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.