Bluetooth car kit?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by streetfoldsfive, Feb 2, 2013.

1. streetfoldsfive macrumors 6502

streetfoldsfive

Does anyone have any recommendations on bluetooth kits for the iPhone. I drive a 2008 Mazda 3 if that helps any. :)

2. judydanzer8 macrumors newbie

Music and auto scan is important

I've been using the Azeca BTC008 It has auto scan for finding the clearest FM station. Also the unit has its own amp so the volume is very good. I have tried 5 other non FM units but i got tired of charging them.

3. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

im pretty sure guy is asking for a Bluetooth kit, not an FM transmitter (even if it uses Bluetooth).

Personally I think it's very hard to recommend anything other than Parrot, unless your budget is tight and something else has a specific feature you need. Although if I was starting from scratch I would buy a whole new iphone compatible head unit with Bluetooth calling (some, such as pioneer I think, have Parrot built in).

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I agree with the previous poster... the Parrot units are really nice and fairly reasonably priced. Make sure you buy the wiring kit for your specific car and the install is very easy.

If you don't want to install anything, you can use one of these that runs off the lighter socket. I have bought two of these for relatives and they like them.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Post you're replying to was suggesting a bluetooth kit that uses an FM modulator (it's not just a modulator if you take a look at it). OP didn't specify whether wired was a requirement or not. However, I wouldn't recommend any FM modulator.

6. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

Gotcha :)

7. streetfoldsfive thread starter macrumors 6502

streetfoldsfive

Im having a hard time finding a pioneer with parrot built in for my 2008 mazda 3 :/

8. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

Sorry, it might not have been Pioneer! But definitely a couple of the big head unit manufacturers do.

9. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Go to Crutchfield's site here and enter info for your car, then click for car stereos. Once you get to that screen, you can filter for only those that have BT built in. That shows several models that will fit your car with BT for about $99.

IMO Crutchfield's pricing is a bit high, but you can use their online tool to narrow down what model you want and look around other sites for pricing.